Please Click the Links Below for Important Information Related to These Services:


YouTube Channel

2016 - Fee Schedule

2015 - Water CCR

Click for Dover, Pennsylvania Forecast

Welcome to Dover Township

York County Economic Alliance to Host Free Shred Event. YORK, Pa. – (April 27, 2016) – The York County Economic Alliance, in partnership with AARP Pennsylvania and Continental Paper Grading, is hosting a free shred event on Saturday, April 30 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at Continental Paper Grading located at 3350 Concord Rd in York. The event is free and open to the general public. Attendees are invited to drive through the facility to drop off and shred their documents in an industrial sized shredder. In addition, attendees are encouraged to donate non-perishable food items to benefit the York County Food Bank. The York County Economic Alliance is the place to start for companies seeking a competitive edge. As York County’s official chamber and economic development organization, it is the resource center that connects businesses to specialized funding, business services, advocacy programs and events that will help their business thrive. The mission of the York County Economic Alliance is to lead economic growth, connect local businesses to resources and each other, and advocate for business and the community to create a prosperous York County.

Within the next few weeks, Met-Ed will begin installing smart meters for all of our customers. While this deployment will take several years to complete throughout Met-Ed's service territory, our installers are beginning in the Cumberland and northern York county areas in May 2016 and will continue meter installations throughout 2016 and 2017 in York and Adams counties. The installation schedule by area is available on our website. For more information about what to expect, click here

DEP announced that the annual black fly spraying program is underway. More Information.

2015 Water CCR

As digging weather approaches, please remember to call 811 before you dig.

Did you know that the presence of trees in our lives has been proven to improve the quality of our lives? Trees clean our air and beautify our communities. They reduce soil erosion and enhance the water quality of our local waterways. Trees can reduce heating and cooling costs and improve human health. For over 40 years, the York County Conservation District has hosted an annual tree seedling sale. Each year, the Conservation District sells over 20,000 seedlings that are planted in York County and surrounding areas.

The varieties available at the spring 2016 sale include native tree seedlings as well as numerous fruit-bearing trees and shrubs. Again this year, you can stop by for a free Blue Spruce or White Pine seedling on Thursday, April 14th at Rocky Ridge Park. Simply bring the coupon from this newsletter and we will give you a free seedling to plant in your yard (one per person). Go to to see the complete order form and the description of each plant being offered.

Spring 2016 Newsletter

For past newsletter issues, please click here.

It was under the authority of the Lancaster County Court that Dover Township was formed in 1743. It was formed out of old Manchester Township which was so large that it even extended into Adams County. The township's name, Dover, was selected because of an Englishman's nostalgia for his earlier home in England.

Dover Township maintains a vast Public Works infrastructure consisting of an estimated 75 miles of water lines, 85 miles of sewer lines, and 120 miles of highways and roads. In addition to the Public Works infrastructure, Dover Township maintains 5 parks and 10 recreational facilities. One of the most known parks, Brookside Park, has been a part of Dover Township’s history since 1901.

Dover Township occupies 42.1 square miles in the Northwestern part of York County, Pennsylvania. Of this, 99.76% consists of land and the remaining 0.24% is water. As of the 2010 census, Dover Township had 21,078 people comprising of 8,715 households. For more 2010 census information, please click here.

Header Header



8:00am to 4:30pm
Monday - Friday


2480 West Canal Rd
Dover, PA 17315


(717) 292-3634
Fax:  (717) 292-1136