The Dover Township Sewer Authority is the owner and financier of the Wastewater Treatment Facility, a regional facility, for Dover Township. The body is a five member, staggered term Authority authorized by the Authorities Act of 1945 of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. It is a Non-Operating Authority due to a “Lease Back Agreement” of operation to the Township. Meetings are held at the Wastewater Treatment Plant, 851 Graffius Road, York, Pennsylvania, at 6:00 PM on the fourth (4th) Wednesday of the month.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides and owns sewer system and leases same to Dover Township for operation and management
- Coordinates with Dover Township on the appropriate treatment scenarios and engineering protocols for best long-term utilization of the total system
- Finance all upgrades and expansions of the Treatment Plant and the collection system.
- General oversight of the Operation and Maintenance of the plant and collection system.
- Robert Stone, Chairman
- Stephen Stefanowicz, Vice Chairman
- Robert Boyer, Secretary
- Bill Newbould, Jr, Member
- David Hogeman, Treasurer
Other Boards, Committees, Commissions and Authorities