The Dover Township Industrial and Commercial Development Committee promotes industrial and commercial activities that will expand the greater Dover area tax base. Meetings are held at the Township Municipal Building, 2480 West Canal Road, Dover, Pennsylvania, at 4:00 PM on the fourth (4th) Wednesday of the month.
Vision Statement: The I/CDC will advise and evaluate business policies and strategies, focusing on preserving our agricultural heritage and embracing technology and innovation.
Mission Statement: To preserve the heritage of Dover and to grow the tax base while balancing Agricultural, Residential and Business through Technology and Innovation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote industrial/commercial activities that will expand the Greater Dover Area tax base.
- Develop strategies to encourage industrial/commercial development appropriate and compatible with all existing and future land uses within Dover Township.
- Create and retain a diversified job market for the Greater Area population.
- Seek and encourage a diversity of commercial activity that will provide services for and meet the daily needs of residents of the Greater Dover Area.
- Provide guidance and direction for existing and future industrial/commercial development that will protect the health and environment of Dover Township.
- Report the identification, assessment and monitoring of industrial/commercial needs to the Dover Township Board of Supervisors for use in on-going current and long-range processes.
Other Boards, Committees, Commissions and Authorities