EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AGENCY
ATTN: Anne Zarlenga
2480 Canal Road
Dover, Pa 17315
● Phone: (717) 292-3634 ● Fax: (717) 292-1136
Be Prepared! Be Safe!
Each season has its own hazards such as flooding, snow, ice and heat.
The following are tips and tools for all weather and hazards:
DAMAGE NOTIFICATION TO DOVER TOWNSHIP AND YORK COUNTY
If you had damages during these 2 separate events (July 21-25, Aug 1-15), please go to the link below to register your damages. If you have damages by storms in the FUTURE, please go to this link to report your damages. Pictures are worth a thousand words. Please send pictures and the address to email@example.com.
Damage Link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeqwSbz2GcftSnJIPlfg9_beSNeDKs22P-KGCLgUf6L8cM4hQ/viewform.
This is a new link and more user friendly
Special Needs Registry
Do you or your family member have a special need?
Are you able to evacuate your home without help?
Dover Township EMA can help you.
Dover Township EMA works with York County Office of Emergency Management to see that all who have special needs can be registered.
If you have an illness, physical or mental condition that requires special needs, you are a candidate for registry. The young and elderly are on Oxygen and need generators to operate their homes in emergencies. Many residents are wheel chair bound and need assistance on evacuation.
The Dover Township EMA has a list of transportation agencies for bed confined, wheel chairs, walkers and those with illnesses including overweight residents. We will see that you are taken care of with TLC (Tender Loving Care) during an emergency.
If you fit any of the above descriptions, please complete the attached form. The information on the form is placed on a GIS mapping system at the township building after documentation on a database. This information will be used by the police, fire, EMS and EMA to assist you in an emergency. The above agencies follow the privacy guidelines and information is only shared for your care.
Please send this form to Dover Township EMA and leave your special needs to us. One name per form and the form can be duplicated.
Be Prepared! Be Safe!
Go to: www.dovertownship.org
Auto Dialer: auto dialer
How do I get on Auto Dialer? Auto dialer calls residence with water and sewage bills, giving them emergency information. If you do not have either one, we can phone you with your permission.
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org Your name will be added to the data base. You will receive a call for such things as an evacuation. Why? If there is a gas leak on your street, we will want you out immediately. Shelter information will be given to you.
I hereby allow Dover Twp to notify me in case of emergency by auto dialer.
Thank you for helping Dover Township be a safer place to live!
The summer brought many types of weather and sudden changes. The outlook for the winter may be the same.
Take care of yourself, family and friends. Need Emergency Preparedness Information? Please call the township building or stop and pick up literature. As Emergency Management Coordinator, I do go out and talk to groups about the Preparedness Back Pack program and how to be prepared in an emergency.
Hurricane Season is not over yet. We have two that are headed into the coast the beginning of September. Be Prepared.
DO NOT drive in water. Turn around! Don’t drown! Stay off bridges over fast moving water! Bridges can be washed away including you and your car.! Your car can be replaced, you can not.
Questions on preparedness: email: email@example.com I will be glad to talk to organizations, schools, churches and come to your home.
Be Safe! Be Prepared!
Power Outages: CALL ELECTRIC CO.FIRST
- Go to high ground immediately.
- Get out of areas subject to flooding, such as low spots, canyons, washes, etc.
- Do not attempt to cross a flowing stream on foot. Even water only six inches deep, when moving at a high rate of speed, can knock you off your feet.
- Never drive through flooded areas or standing water. Shallow, swiftly flowing water can wash a car from a roadway. Also, the roadbed may not be intact under the water.
- If the vehicle stalls, abandon it immediately and seek higher ground. Rapidly rising water may engulf the vehicle and its occupants.
- Be especially cautious at night when it’s harder to recognize flood dangers.
- Do not camp or park your vehicle along streams and washes, particularly during threatening conditions.
- Understand the difference between a Flash Flood Watch and a Flash Flood Warning:
Flash Flood Watch: Flash flooding is possible along small streams and rivers. Be prepared to move to higher ground. Make plans to stay with loved ones or motel reservation.
Flash Flood Warning: Flash flooding is imminent and occurring. Seek higher ground immediately. Go to your family or motel by a safe route.
Dover Township will be putting Emergency information on Twitter and our Web Site starting with a Briefing, Watch, & Warning. Put these sites on your smart phone. Be Prepared.
Staff Needed: Mass Care officer.
Prerequisites: None. Red Cross back ground a plus.
- Coordinate shelters in the area with EMA, American Red Cross and other appropriate agencies;
- Coordinate warming and cooling comfort stations
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned by the EMC.
Staff Needed: Public Works
Prerequisites: None. Previous work in Public Works department a plus.
- Report creek and road conditions to the EMC
- Work closely with the township fire department and township EMA.
- Establish road closures as needed.
Staff Needed: Secretary
Prerequisites: Knowledge of computer programs and typing
- Type minutes from meetings using EMC notes.
- Record information from an incident on the computer
- Do anything else as assigned by the EMC.
Interested in helping your community?
Contact: Anne Zarlenga EMC
CALL ELECTRIC COMPANY FIRST!
Met-Ed First Energy: 1-888-544-4877 or use the app:
Adams Electric: 1-800-726-2324 or use app.
Red Cross Apps: Send alerts and give shelters.
Midland NOAA Radio: