The Dover Township Planning Commission is a five member Commission with one alternate member. The term of office is a five year staggered term. This Commission is an advisory body to the Board of Supervisors. The authority is granted by the Municipal Planing Code of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The local ordinance of control is the Subdivision and Land Development Plan of Dover Township and the Dover Township Comprehensive Plan. Meetings are held at the Township Municipal Building, 2480 West Canal Road, Dover, Pennsylvania, at 7:00 PM on the first (1st) Wednesday of the month.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review of all plans, plots, or plans submitted for consideration of land, parcel, plot or tract changes.
- Submit recommendation for change and/or inclusion of ideas and ideals of design substantiated by ordinance, engineering criteria and/or planning concept.
- Act-on by official parliamentary rules each application submitted.
- Review all revisions to Zoning, including applications and Planning affected by the Township
- Review and occasionally recommend amendments to the Code(s)
- W. Michael Hoffman, Chairperson
- Eric Harlacher, Vice Chair
- Michael Curley, Secretary
- Anthony M. Pinto, Member
- Justin Bigham, Member
- Brian Kimball, Alternate
- Mark Miller, Alternate
- Steve Stefanowicz, Alternate
<!–– [calendar id=”358″] –>
Other Boards, Committees, Commissions and Authorities