Below you will find answers to some of Dover Township’s most Frequently Asked Questions:
This depends on your account number. If your account number beings with:
- 0 – your bill months are January, April, July and October
- 1 – your bill months are January, April, July and October
- 2 – your bill months are February, May, August and November
- 3 – your bill months are March, June, September and December
- 6 – your bill months are February, May, August and November
Your bills are sent our quarterly. The bills are taken to the post office before the 1st of the month in which you are scheduled to receive your bills. The bills are ALWAYS due by the 15th of those months. If you do not receive your bills by the 5th of those months, please contact our office and we can let you know what your balance is.
You can also access your water/sewer account by clicking on the “View Utility Account” tab on our website. To access your account, you will need your new account number, the account holder’s name and the billing zip code. You can choose to register for account access. If you sign in with a username and password, you can see your account’s billing history, consumption history, the amount that is due and the due date.
You can also choose to have your bills emailed to you instead of receiving them from the United States Postal Service. If you would like to have your bills emailed to you, please contact our office and we will gladly get you set up for this.
Late fees are 10% of the current outstanding charges for payments received after the due date.
Failure to receive a bill does not void responsibility for its payment or waive the past due penalty.
Water and sewer bills are lienable items, and must remain in the property owner’s name, as they are ultimately financially responsible for the account. We can, however, send a copy of the bill to you as the tenant. Please contact our office if you are a tenant and would like to receive a copy of the bill.
We accept check, cash and money order. Credit card payments can be made online via the website here (a nominal service fee will be applied to your bill).
Payments can be made:
- Online By Credit Card (a 3% service fee will be charged.) To access your account online, you will need your new account number, the account holder’s name and the billing zip code.
- Pay by Phone – 1-833-286-1238 (a 3% service fee will be charged.) To pay by phone, you will need your Customer ID and Phone PIN, which are located on your most recent bill.
- Through your bank’s website. Go to your bank’s website and click on their “Bill Pay” tab. Add an account for Dover Township, using your new account number and our address. They will send us a check on your behalf. You just need to tell them when to send the payment and how much the payment is.
- By mailing your check or money order to Dover Township, 2480 W Canal Rd, Dover, PA 17315
- Checks, money orders and cash can be placed in our dropbox, which is located in the vestibule of our building. This area is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- In our office, we accept checks, money orders or cash. Credit card payments are not accepted in our office.
Payments made after the due date will be charged a 10% penalty on the current outstanding charges.
Please provide Dover Township with your contact information, including your name, phone number and email address. If you are a property owner, but have tenants living in your home, please also provide us with your tenant’s contact information. If there is an emergency, we will make a public service announcement through our automated phone system to the phone number that we have on file. If we do not have the correct information, we will not be able to contact you.
If you own a property in Dover Township and have tenants living in your property, it is your responsibility to contact Dover Township to make sure that we have the correct information in our system. We need your mailing address, your phone number and the contact information for your tenants. The water and sewer bills must remain in your name, as they are lienable items. Ultimately, you are financially responsible for the utility account.
Having the contact information for your tenants is crucial to Dover Township, so that we can contact our residents in the case of an emergency. We thank you for working with us to make sure that all our residents stay safe and informed.
If you are renting a property in Dover Township, please contact us to make sure that we have your correct information in our system. This information is vital if we need to contact you in the case of an emergency, a boil water advisory, or situations regarding the utility account. We thank you for your cooperation.