Scheduling Income Tax appointments at the Dover Library AARP Tax Site
Call (717-292-6814) during library hours starting February 1st
Monday Noon-6:00PM, Tue-Sat 11:00AM-1:00PM
Because of COVID you will have 2 appointments intended to be less than ½ hour each. You must wear a mask at all times at each appointment.
- If you need to file a Federal or Pennsylvania State Tax return be sure to schedule your appointment for after you expect to have all of your tax information. We will not be able to do amended returns this year.
- If you need to prepare more than one tax return request two appointments
- Sequential if for the same person filing 2 separate years (ex. 9:30 and 9:50 appointments)
- Consecutive if the other person needing an appointment is able to act independently, they can be at the same time slot.
- If you only need to file a PA1000 Pennsylvania Property Tax or Rent Rebate let the Library know and they will schedule an appointment for you to do that.
- For everyone that need to file a PA1000 Pennsylvania Property Tax or Rent Rebate
- If you are a property owner be sure to bring your 2020 Property Tax stamped receipts or copy of mortgage statement showing taxes paid or proof of payment from your local property tax collector.
- If you are a renter bring a PA Rent Certificate signed by the landlord.
Once you have scheduled an appointment for filing a Federal or State return you must do the following:
- Pick up an AARP Tax envelope of forms that contain the following:
- Intake/Interview Booklet – you must complete pages 1-4, read the last three consent forms and sign if you consent.
- Form 14446 Virtual VITA/TCE Taxpayer Consent – This explains our process for preparing your return and every taxpayer must sign their form
- If you plan to itemize deductions – ask for an Itemized Deduction Worksheet and complete the form
- If you are self-employed or an independent contractor – ask for an Self-Employed Worksheet and complete the form:
- You can pick up the envelope and forms at 3700 Davidsburg Road;
- The Dover Township Community Room at 3700 on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 9:00 AM and Noon starting Tuesday February 9th or
- The Dover Community Library on Mondays from Noon until 6:00PM or Tuesdays through Saturdays from 10:00 AM until 1:00 PM
- Complete the above forms and worksheets. If you do not have them completed, to the best of your ability, we will not be able to prepare your return! You will need to reschedule.
- Read the detailed instructions included in the envelope. They explain our process this year and how each phase is being handled.
- If you are not feeling well, do not show up for your appointment. You will not be allowed in the building. We will be screening all persons that enter the building the same as you may have been screened for a doctor’s appointment or if you received a COVID vaccine.