Protecting Our Watershed is Everyone's Business
- Always remember, anything that enters a stormwater or storm sewer system is discharged untreated into our waterways.
- To help prevent leaks or spills when working with oils, fuels, or chemicals always inspect containers for holes or leaks.
Only use containers designed for the intended purpose, such as using an oil drain pan when changing the oil in your car or truck.
- Use dry, absorbent materials, such as rags and cat litter to clean up spills. Make sure to place used cleanup materials in plastic
bags or sealed containers and dispose of properly.
- Repair auto leaks.
- Use pesticides and fertilizers sparingly.
- Cleanup after your pet(s).
- Use a commercial car wash or wash your car on your lawn or unpaved surface.
- Sweep up yard debris rather than using the hose.
- Compost or recycle yard waste whenever possible.
- Sweep up and properly dispose of construction debris, such as concrete and mortar.
- Water from swimming pools may be drained (slowly) during warm weather, if chlorine residual
is less than 1 mg/L (ppm), free of debris, free of cleaning chemicals, and has a pH between 6 and 9.
City of Lancaster:
- Integrating Green Infrastructure into Existing PW Projects (Transcript)
- Integrating Green Infrastructure into Existing PW Projects (Slides)
Stormwater Related Downloads:
- Water Quality Flooding Survey
- Healing York County Waters
- Riparian Buffer Presentation
- How Do I Get Stormwater Permit Coverage?
- Developing Your Stormwater PPP
- Preparing for the Storm - April 2014
- Rain Garden Brochure
- Living Streamside
- Water Shed Map
- Sub Surface Infiltration Bed
- SWM Permit Application
- Small Project Guide
- Building a Rain Garden
- When it Rains it Drains
- Rain Barrel Construction
- Stormwater and the Construction Industry
- Be Water Wise: Rain Gardening at Home
- Don't Let Stormwater Run Off with Your Time and Money
- Stormwater O&M and Access Agreement - July 2013
- Drinking Water: Protecting the Source (9-12 grade Course)
- Fertilizing Facts for Home Lawns
- I Discovered Stormwater Management Can Be Beautiful
- Proper Drug Disposal
- Green Guide for Property Management
If you have any questions regarding storm water or watershed management, please feel free to contact Dover Township using the information below:
|Dover Township Municipal Office|
8:00am to 4:30pm
Monday - Friday
2480 West Canal Rd
Dover, PA 17315