York Area Recreation Directors: SCREEN FREE WEEK,
May 3-9, 2014!
You are invited to join in Screen-Free Week, the annual celebration where families, schools and communities all across the country turn off entertainment screen media (TV, video games, computer games, apps, etc.) and turn on life! It’s 7 days to unplug and read, play, daydream, create, explore nature, and spend more time with family and friends. Free Kids Biathlon! To kick off Screen Free Week, Dover Township is partnering with YARD (York Area Recreation Directors) to host a youth biathlon!
|Dates:||May 3rd - May 9th (Mon- Fri)|
|Check-in:||Pavilion D, Cousler Park (1060 Church Rd York, PA 17404)|
|Ages:||15 years old and under|
|Registration Deadline:||May 2nd|
- Monday, May 5 Outdoor Activity - We plan to do an outdoor activity along the Conewago Creek in West Manchester Township. More information to follow!
- Tuesday, May 6 Kids Zumba - A Kids Zumba class is being offered at the Dover Community Blg. (3700 Davidsburg Rd.) Parents are encouraged to participate with their children, but not required.
- Wednesday, May 7 Martial Arts - Dover Dragons will be having an Open House at their studio. 5- 8 pm (4092 Carlisle Rd Dover). Check out this great opportunity to try a new skill!
- Thursday, May 8 Bowling - Colony Park Bowling is offering children a free game of bowling from 6- 7 pm. (1900 Pennsylvania Ave, York). Make sure to bring your booklet to get your free game!
- Friday, May 9 Learn to Fish Day at Gifford Pinchot State Park - Conewago Day Use Area off of Alpine Rd. Bring your kids to this great event! Volunteers will be there to help teach your child to fish! Feel free to bring your own fishing rods and gear! Parents may help their child fish, but cannot actually fish without a fishing license. There will also be hot dogs, drinks and chips available for purchase.
- Monday, May 12 Ice Cream Social - For all those who completed their Screen Free program Dover Township and West Manchester Township will be having a FREE Ice Cream social on May 12 . It will be held at Sunset park in West Manchester or the Carousel Blg at Brookside Park if in climate weather. Please be sure to bring your completed booklet to receive your ice cream sundae!
|Dates:||June 23rd - August 1st (Mon- Fri)|
| No camp on July 4th or July 23rd|
|Time:||9 am - Noon|
|Cost:||$50 Residents (for all 6 weeks of camp)|
$65- Non Residents (for all 6 weeks of camp)
|**NEW Early Drop Off:||8:30am - 9:00am **Additional $15**|
|Ages:||6-12 year olds (must be 6 by start of program June 23rd)|
- Dover Community Park: 2481 West Canal Rd.
(Limit 75 children)
- Lehr Park: 3700 Davidsburg Rd
|Dates:||June 23rd - July 31st (Mon- Thurs)|
| No preschool on July 23rd|
|Time:||Morning 4-5 yr olds 9 am – 10:15 am (Must be 4 by June 23rd)|
Morning 3 yr olds 10:30 am – 11:45 am (Must be 3 by June 23rd)
$45- Non Residents
|Location:||Log House (2481 W. Canal Rd)|
Class size is limited. Pre-registration is required!!
This is a great opportunity for young men over 30 years of age to get some exercise during the winter months and also enjoy some pick-up basketball! Any questions please call the township at (717) 292-3634.
|When:||January 14 to April 29, 2014|
|Time:||Tuesday Evenings |
7:00pm to 9:00pm
|Cost:||$1.00 per night|
|Where:||North Salem Elementary School Gym|
|When:||Saturday, May 17, 2014|
|Time:||8:00am to 1:00pm|
|Where:||Old Mid-Atlantic Golf Course (behind township building)|
2351 Municipal Rd
This event will be held rain or shine. Tables and chairs will not be provided. If interested in reserving your spot, please download the registration form and return to Kristal Kennedy at the Dover Township Municipal Building. More information may be obtained by contacting Kristal at (717) 292-3634.